WELCOME TO DOUGH PIZZERIA NAPOLETANA
HOLIDAY HOURS for San Antonio
- DOUGH Pizzeria San Antonio & Dallas will be CLOSED on Memorial Day, Monday May 27, 2013. We will re-open on Tuesday May 28. We hope that you and your families have a safe holiday!.
In November of 2007, Doug and his wife, Lori, opened DOUGH Pizzeria Napoletana. Some of the unique features of DOUGH Pizzeria Napoletana include:
- A Mozzarella Bar, where Burrata, Fior di Latte, Stracciato, Rollatini and Burricotti are made fresh daily
- An all-Italian wine list as well as a special Reserve wine list, which includes wines from all over the world
- An authentic wood-burning oven that was built by a master oven mason from Naples, Italy (“Il Cuore”) the heart of the restaurant, that cooks the pizzas at 800 degrees + in approximately 90 seconds
- A pizza/cheese ("Chef's Table") bar where guests can interact with the Pizzaioli (Pizza Makers) as they are making their pizzas and cheese
- DOUGH makes all their desserts. Gelatos and sorbettos made fresh daily at the (San Antonio, Texas location)
- DOUGH is a proud member of “Slow Food USA” and supports farmers by sourcing as many products as possible from local farms
- DOUGH has a thriving herb garden where fresh herbs are picked daily (San Antonio, Texas location)
- DOUGH has both indoor and patio seating (San Antonio, Texas location)
- DOUGH bakes its own artisan breads daily
- DOUGH filters and bottles its own drinking water
- DOUGH will soon be retailing some of its most popular items such as their artisan breads, desserts, cheese, tomato sauce and their pizza dough.
Since opening in November of 2007, DOUGH has been featured in the following publications:
- The Food Network, Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, with host Guy Fieri
- Rachel Ray's Magazine "The Search for America's Best Pizzeria"
- Food & Wine Magazine-June 2009 in an article titled “New Pizza Artisans”
- Texas Monthly Magazine-February 2009 issue voted DOUGH as the “Second Best New Restaurant in the State of Texas”
- San Antonio Express Newspaper voted DOUGH Critics Choice and Reader Choice for “Best Pizzeria” in San Antonio
- San Antonio Current voted DOUGH as “Best Pizzeria” in San Antonio
- DOUGH was featured in the March/April 2009 issue of San Antonio Woman Magazine in an article titled “Pizza! Some new takes on what may be the most popular food in the world”
- DOUGH was featured in Inside M.D. SA Medical Journal's February/March 2009 issue in an article titled “Pizza Del Cuoro...Pizza from the heart”
Doug and Lori want to thank their family, friends and customers for their support and encouragement in helping make their dream a reality! Also, special thanks to Chris Bianco, Chef/Owner of
Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, Arizona for taking the time to share stories of his love and passion for pizza with Doug & Lori. He has been a true inspiration to them!